Compatibility mode allows a program written for an earlier versions of Windows to possibly run in Windows 7. You can also use Compatibility mode to always have a program to Run as an administrator.
- Right click on the program's shortcut, .exe file, or installation file.
- Click on Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box.
- Click on the drop down menu arrow and select Windows XP.
NOTE: Always pick the latest Windows version the program was written for to have a better chance of it running properly in Windows 7.
To Change the Privilege Level of the program - Check the Run this program as an administrator box to enable or disable this option.
- Click on OK to apply the changes.
- Now, double click on the program's shortcut, .exe file, or installation file to start the installation.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.